Support the creation of short format and the emergence of a new generation of authors.
With the development of digital content and “Nouvelles écritures” in Europe, this writing residence aims to allow the emergence of a new generation of creators / authors by offering residential writing workshops adapted to this new content Provence Alpes Côte d´Azur Regional Council and the City of Marseille.
The Marseille Web Fest launched a call for projects as part of the sixth edition of its Résidence d’Écriture. For its 2020 edition, the writing residency will be held from November 16 to 20 inclusive in Marseille.
The authors and projects selected are :
- Léa Jeanne Boehringer & Hugo Gertner – Projet “ANNE D’ARC”
- Andréa Haug – Projet “BEATUM”
- Sarit Zadok – Projet “FLOATING IN PROVENCE”
- Léa Coyecques – Projet “IN REAL LIFE”
- Rémi Sanaka Chiroussel – Projet “LE RECOMMENCEMENT”
- Heleno Pedroso – Projet “MISS VIC”
- Lewis Chambard – Projet “NÉCRO”
- France Ortelli – Projet “SOY IN LOVE”
- Benjamin Cappelletti – Projet “STALKERS”
Avec le soutien de :
After a career as program advisor, producer, Head of Drama and branch office manager, within major players in the sector such as TF1, FremantleMedia, Gaumont, Newen, Anne Santa Maria is now a consultant in content strategies for independent producers, Media groups and Audiovisual Markets (Reed Midem, Warner Tv France, Conecta Fiction, etc.).
International contributor for 5 years on original digital creations in various festivals (Rio, Seoul, London, Moscow, Sicily, Canada, Italy, Spain, Germany, etc.) as conference speaker, jury and panelist, she presented the Master Class “The Game of Pitch” at the opening of the “In Development” of MIPTV – CanneSéries 2019.
As a media trainer, she operates in different organisations: MIPTV Creative Talent Pitch 2017-2020 (32 projects – 24 different nationalities), CEEA, 4 J training “Pitcher a fiction project”, Media Faculty “Establish and Manage a budget of fiction production ”, Sorbonne – ASFORED, Master 2, INA-UCA,“ Formation Showrunner ”, Alsace cultural agency “Production of web series” / “Pitch your own project within the context of International Festivals ”, ESRA, CEFPF, Web Fest Berlin-Deutsche Telekom, Cristal Festival (Courchevel), etc.
Anne Santa Maria
- Fabien Adda – Screenwriter – The screenwriter’s work on serial narration
- Patrick Nebout – Producer – International co-productions: the role of the showrunner / artistic director
- Julien Aubert – Producer – Creation of a social media series: Case stories, the instagram series “Summer”
- Luke Eve – “Canceled” series – How to create a multi-cultural series
- Christopher Mack – Netflix – How to create a Series Pitch Document that people are really responding to around the world
- Joël Bassaget – “Short, narrative and serialized” – Global panorama of digital series platforms
Some training courses offered by TV3.0 will also be offered.
The authors selected as part of the writing residence will each receive a Final Draft license. New partner of the Marseille Web Fest, Final Draft is a screenwriting software for writing and formatting screenplays.
call for projects
At the end of this call for projects, the selection of residents will be made by a jury made up by professionals screenwriters. This selection will be based on the candidate’s CV, on the interest of the project being written and on his motivation.
The writing residency will welcome authors, without age limit, European or from the Mediterranean basin over a total period of 5 days (Monday November 16 to Friday november 20, 2020 inclusive). Authors will be offered personalized workshops and a collective program of meetings with professionals in new media and new writing.
At the end of the residency, a presentation of the pitch will be made by the residents of the projects in front of a jury on Friday, November 20. A prize for the Best Pitch will be awarded
At the end of the residency, a pitch will be made by the residents of the projects in front of a jury on Friday, November 20. The Best Pitch award will be awarded by the CNC as well as a grant of 3000 euros.