From October 19 to October 21, 2022
For its 12th edition, on October 19, 20 and 21, 2022, the Marseille Web Fest proposed a rich program with more than 26 series in free screening at the Artplexe La Canebière cinema as well as exceptional round tables and masterclasses.
3 selections, 26 short series, 10 countries represented
For its 12th edition, the Marseille Web Fest proposed to discover short series in official selection in free screening at the Cinema Artplexe La canebière in Marseille.
This selection of series coming from the 4 corners of the world, presents different visions of the world and our societies with sometimes a lot of humor, derision, wit or a shocking realism.
This year, the Jury, chaired by Sarah Lelouch (Director – Producer) and also composed of Irène Camargo de Staal (Writer), Carl Reid (Writer – Director – Producer), Jérémy Sahel (Author – Director – Producer) and Raquel Stern (Director – Writer) awarded several prizes (Best Director, Screenplay, Interpretation…as well as the Jury’s Grand Prize) during the Closing Ceremony open to the public on October 21st.
A selection of web-documentaries is proposed for the 3rd consecutive year. The jury also designated the Best Web-doc. The French series competition is still open to the public with a prize for the Best French Series SACD and a 2.000€ prize.
Exceptional round tables & Masterclass
On the program of these 3 days, the Creative Digital Summit TV3.0 with interventions of professionals especially intended for professionals and students to understand the current challenges of audiovisual production and anticipate the changes of tomorrow.
But also round tables and masterclasses free of charge and open to the public with notably :
– Screening & Debate of Cellule de Rimes, France TV Slash documentary series in which during 9 months of immersion, Sarah Marx’s camera followed the creation process of a rap album entirely recorded in prison. A rehabilitation project orchestrated by Mouloud Mansouri with his association Fujo.
– Masterclass with Sarah Lelouch, producer and director committed to diversity.
– Talents & professional opportunities with Patience Priso (Manager Grow Creative – Netflix) or how to develop your professional skills to meet the needs of the industry, and create new opportunities in France and internationally?
– Masterclass with Fanny Sidney, actress, director and producer
– Round table on French series, in partnership with the SACD, moderated by Joël Bassaget with the participation of the teams of the selected series.
– And also other surprises… to discover in the complete program!
Finally, the Marseille Web Fest welcomed from October 17 to 21, French authors as part of its Writing Residency for a program of personalized workshops and interventions. At the end of this residency, a pitch defense was made by the residents in front of a jury of professionals. The Jury awarded the prize for the Best Pitch. The CNC Talents also awarded a 3000€ grant to one of the French authors.
Bande Annonce 2022